Friday, May 14, 2010

The song "I Remember" by Deadmau5 is what I'm listening to, if you don't have a "playlist.com" account you should check it out! I heard this song on Comcast music channel and I was taken in by the trance-like music. HOT HOT HOT!
Sooooo I was outside waiting for Logan to get home so he could get me to get my NEW car! We found something that was affordable, good on gas and nothing needs attention. While I was waiting outside with the kids the LDS boys came around in their suits and nametags. The kids warned me in a whisper that they were coming toward us. This is not the first time the "boys" have come around since I've officially left the church. Only this time it was just myself, usually Logan has been the one out when they confront him. I stood there looking the other way wondering if someone since has put a tag on our address as they sometimes do to state something like, "don't go back or try to convert"....well, I was standing away from the house and then one pipes up, "Hi, we're servants of the Lord, Jesus" I couldn't help but interrupt to save his speech, "I know who you are b/c I was a Mormon, born, raised, etc." Well they were interested in hearing my 'story' of the why's and hows on my leaving and I refused to 'share'. For one, its something you'd have to have a lot of time to discuss, I was on my way to getting my new car and then get to work on time. Of course, they don't have a clue to any of this even when I was in my full scrubs, as if they saw right thru that. And does a Mo-boy REALLY want to hear my 'story'? NO! "If you pray with sincerity God will show you-" I retorted back responding quickly, "OH He's showed me the truth!!!" They just want to love-bomb me back with their beliefs. They kept prodding of what I found or what I lacked in knowing before.... Nope. Hey, if you REALLY WANT TO KNOW, question the hard QUESTIONS. I DID. I WANTED TO GET THE ANSWERS THAT THE LEADERS SHY FROM TIME AND TIME AGAIN! And let's just say, I was at the end of my rope with the religion standing on "faith without works is dead" like they are a business with a quota to fill and nobody gets paid, in fact you have to pay them for your work! HOw DoES THAt MAkE @ny sense?? I was at the end of doing service, service, service and it was never enough, do more more more, in the meantime, my home, my relationships elsewhere were suffering, my work, my sleep was depleting. Visiting Teaching on a many morning where I was supposed to be catching up on sleep, the guilt trips put on in meetings and more meetings. ALL FOR WHAT???? I loved God and it seemed that even the 'human' in me was saying His 'Holy' leaders were making me miserable! Was I right? Were THEY actually wrong? My body, my mind was unable to feel balanced no matter how hard I tried. I cried. I felt like my life was being attacked at all levels. I've been married to an extraordinary man who after many years on his own track with it all had been studing on his own trying to live the lie. We had some good yelling matches, again, my life was sucking! God would have me be happy and I wasn't. I finally realized I'd been duped in believing in Joe Smith and his cronies and his bad ideas that have nothing to do with the Bible (and not his reworded version to suit his needs) Joe was a bad man in all my research, he slept with and married other married men's wives---that's like Tiger Woods--but worse, Joe even married a slew of them and the facts are even in that genealogy site==30+ wives. Emma was just the first. He couldn't keep his pee pee zipped up, what a damn shame! I thought he was a fantastic guy way back when. But the truth is all over the internet and I am not some crazy, I am a deep-rooted kind of person, loves Truth of all things, and I'm not stepping off or away from what I know as of 2008 but began wondering back in 2001. Took years of my life to get it set straight-All the questions set straight in my life. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and I finally chose to walk away from what I consider out of my code of living. And you may think of me what you think, but I didn't run away quickly, it was methodical, it was slow and in my eyes the right thing to do for me and my personal happiness. I love my life now and God is a different God to me, even Jesus is a different Jesus to me. Curios as those 'boys in suits' were, they were in the neighborhood for some time all evening, the kids said.
I also used to hate it when I was a Mormon when people on the 'outside' (that's me now--I'm one of THEM) would call Mormons members of a CULT. Well in hindsight, YES. Here's DR. ROBERT J. LIFTON'S CRITERIA FOR THOUGHT REFORM a brief summary
1. MILIEU CONTROL the most basic feature is the control of human communication within and environment if the control is extremely intense, it becomes internalized control -- an attempt to manage an individual's inner communication control over all a person sees, hears, reads, writes (information control)

2. MYSTICAL MANIPULATION (Planned spontaneity) extensive personal manipulation seeks to promote specific patterns of behavior and emotion in such a way that it appears to have arisen spontaneously from within the environment, while it actually has been orchestrated totalist leaders claim to be agents chosen by God, history, or some supernatural force, to carry out the mystical imperative the "principles" (God-centered or otherwise) can be put forcibly and claimed exclusively, so that the cult and its beliefs become the only true path to salvation (or enlightenment)...

3. THE DEMAND FOR PURITY the world becomes sharply divided into the pure and the impure, the absolutely good (the group/ideology) and the absolutely evil (everything outside the group) one must continually change or conform to the group "norm" tendencies towards guilt and shame are used as emotional levers for the group's controlling and manipulative influences once a person has experienced the totalist polarization of good/evil (black/white thinking), he has great difficulty in regaining a more balanced inner sensitivity to the complexities of human morality the radical separation of pure/impure is both within the environment (the group) and the individual ties in with the process of confession -- one must confess when one is not conforming

4. CONFESSION cultic confession is carried beyond its ordinary religious, legal and therapeutic expressions to the point of becoming a cult in itself sessions in which one confesses to one's sin are accompanied by patterns of criticism and self-criticism, generally transpiring within small groups with an active and dynamic thrust toward personal change is an act of symbolic self-surrender makes it virtually impossible to attain a reasonable balance between worth and humility...

5. SACRED SCIENCE the totalist milieu maintains an aura of sacredness around its basic doctrine or ideology, holding it as an ultimate moral vision for the ordering of human existence questioning or criticizing those basic assumptions is prohibited a reverence is demanded for the ideology/doctrine, the originators of the ideology/doctrine, the present bearers of the ideology/doctrine offers considerable security to young people because it greatly simplifies the world and answers a contemporary need to combine a sacred set of dogmatic principles with a claim to a science embodying the truth about human behavior and human psychology

6. LOADING THE LANGUAGE the language of the totalist environment is characterized by the thought-terminating cliche (thought-stoppers) repetitiously centered on all-encompassing jargon "the language of non-thought" words are given new meanings -- the outside world does not use the words or phrases in the same way -- it becomes a "group" word or phrase

7. DOCTRINE OVER PERSON every issue in one's life can be reduced to a single set of principles that have an inner coherence to the point that one can claim the experience of truth and feel it the pattern of doctrine over person occurs when there is a conflict between what one feels oneself experiencing and what the doctrine or ideology says one should experience if one questions the beliefs of the group or the leaders of the group, one is made to feel that there is something inherently wrong with them to even question -- it is always "turned around" on them and the questioner/criticizer is questioned rather than the questions answered directly...

8. DISPENSING OF EXISTENCE since the group has an absolute or totalist vision of truth, those who are not in the group are bound up in evil, are not enlightened, are not saved, and do not have the right to exist "being verses nothingness" impediments to legitimate being must be pushed away or destroyed one outside the group may always receive their right of existence by joining the group fear manipulation -- if one leaves this group, one leaves God or loses their transformation, for something bad will happen to them the group is the "elite", outsiders are "of the world", "evil", "unenlightened", etc.


Are you thinking????
Here's a video that I can relate to and another video that I couldn't agree more with

No comments: