Friday, November 16, 2007

Just writing in my joys and trials

Well before I had gone to the doctors I was weighing myself at work here and there on the scale. Well I reached the highest weight at ??? (sorry,not going to share that horrific #) but anyways I've lost 5lbs! Walking and watching my intake in the aspects of carbs and portion size and only eating when I feel hungry and not reaching above the number 8 of fullness. I was reading an article the other day on healthy eating habits and it said focus on your hunger level. Zero is hunger pains or empty stomach, 3 was about minimally hungry, 5 was a satisfactory number and pushing into 678 was of course a fuller and fuller feeling and well 10 was about the way you'd feel after eating EVERYTHING big portions at a thanksgiving meal and dessert with the need to release your waistband!!!! Haha! So I'm setting my numbers on that scale and hope to continue to have a bit of control and knowing when I'm actually hungry rather than eating out of an emotional or boredom fill.... So I"m really trying to set my goals realistically and hope to keep up the walking even on the brisk cold days. So Thanksgiving I plan on keeping to my favorites and smaller portions than ever, and keep the day light as I will have just worked the night and going to work the night of Thanksgiving...whoa tough days of travel. We are keeping up with tradition of going to Chichester with family there.
Coming next month will be a more steady schedule for work. They offered me a Tues-Friday night schedule with Sat-Mon OFF! That means a bit more time together as a family on the weekends and not having to work with certain people I don't particularly like to work with on the Sat-Mon shifts. I am losing one day of pay but am still considered full-time and right now I need less of a flip flopping schedule and I don't have to work weekends anymore!!!! Fridays are really considered a weekend night to work so I won't be missing on the weekend pay differential-phew! So I'm hoping things will be good and work out for me in the long run.

So this week has been a week from hell!
Logan went and had carpel tunnel release surgery on his left hand on Tuesday. It went well. He was very nervous although he hopes to be back playing the guitar in a few months! The operation was quite quick. The few days leading up to the operation, Logan had a tooth that was dead and the littlest bit of disturbance was a major pain. The operation with his wrist seemed like nothing but his tooth was what bothered him in the most extreme way the next day on Wednesday that he couldn't stand it anymore. The dentist was able to take him that day and they ended up pulling it out, but it wasn't as easy as that! It was a tooth that had been filled once before but it had become so brittle that when this dentist tried to extract it it broke into many pieces and had to dig for the whole tooths roots which led to 2 hours of oral surgery (more than just a simple tooth pulling)!! So two days (back to back) of surgery; more than I think the body can withstand but he's been recovering and still feeling like he got into a boxing match, and his wrist is feeling just fine with a few pangs of pain here and there if he moves it the wrong way. Well its time for me to go lie down before I go off to work tonight.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I appreciated your comment. However, what business is perfect? We may not work there- but that's not because we don't like walmart- it's just because the internship that Jon was offered isn't his top choice of what he would be doing. It would lay more heavily on computer programming for the different sides of accounting and for production. It's a great place to work and they're flying us out there out of their own pocket- we're not complaining. He would really like something that involves forensic litigation or an IT audit position. But if this is the only offer we'll be still as happy.