Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm making babies (hahaha)

I'm a bit new to the doll making scene. I've made a bear and a bunny in my sewing past and loved making them! I came across dinkybaby.com and thought that my mom had a pattern once to make these dolls but as it turned out its not the same but the patterns are similar and so I bought a couple to make. I got the "dinky baby doll" and I finished making her last night! Her head is a bit cone shaped but it is supposed to come out more rounded. (the group I'm on talks about making these dolls say you get better as you make more) I'm unsure if we are going to add any hair but that can hide the conehead!! I can make these and sell them according to the copyright rules and many others are making them to sell at craft fairs and doing really well with these dolls! I also love dolls in general so here are a couple other links of soft dolls
www.bebe-babies. com--these look so realistic
http://www.mothergoosedolls.com/clothdolls.html--she has a nice collection of funny hair on her dolls. Also I like her Raggety Ann who looks much like the original (I'm picky about how my Anny looks)
My doll I made, made out of skin colored flannel different fabric that's suggested so mine looks very different from the "dinky babies" but its encouraged to try other fabrics other than the velor that's mentioned on her site. My next doll is going to made from polyester like the fabric Stacy down below is made from.
Mom's doll that I have that she made me is still so cute and I've gotten a lot of complements on it and even its condition for her age which is now 25yrs old!!! (below)

No comments: