Monday, July 20, 2009

We have moved to Manchester!!! So far, we are loving the 5-10 min commute to our jobs, and being able to bike around town (Mertz suffered a concussion not too long ago on his, but has turned out okay) That was scary, but I took him to the ER got him a CAT scan and everything turned out that he'll recover in no time and he has since it has been about two weeks now. I got to stay home from work and take care of him and it was a much needed break from work. Our apartment is nice, with a few quirks that are on the fix list, but we are most happy with the place, the space as I quote "goes on and on" it is big! I finally got a 5' table to put in my bedroom to use to make things :) The den has become the workout room and the guitar lesson room; so I'm staying clear of it!
We have a wonderful new cat we rescued, he came with his own name, Sammy and he's got a very cool laid-back personality. Last night he got outside, I had been working, don't know exactly who put him out, but he's an indoor cat.... When I came home I socialized on our balcony with our neighbors who live below us, so it was late by the time I realized he was missing, I couldn't sleep till I found him, 1am in the morning I took a small drive to look for him with no luck, I know, I'm crazy, and prayed, looked out the window a few minutes later, and he was walking in the yard, I called out to him and he meowed,as if to say "I know, I'm in trouble" and I went out and swooped him up and brought him inside. I didn't want to lose him! Logan told me b4 I found him, "he's a cat, he'll come home" but I didn't want Sammy to become mushed meat on the road....
Since the sun became known in our region again, HAHAHA we went looking for a place to go swimming, and wow did we discover it with a nice water slide, showering water in the pool itself and water fountians. Livingston Park is the best kept secret from the dirty Mexicans! I hear that many of the nice parks that used to be nice are getting worse by illegals as they leave their trash and behave erratically. I hate to sound racist but I cannot stand people of any color or race that pollute our nice state and the areas within that are to be enjoyed. At Livingston there were decent people there all having a great time, no loud music rumbling in the midst, just nice quiet happy people! Not to mention it is close to home and it is free! We do want to get to a water park or the beach before the season is over and I have other 'want to do' lists. For now, we enjoy the little things like Livingston Park which is close to home.

No comments: