Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Today was great! Mertz and Alina seem to be well adjusted to the home school life. I must say that not having to rush around and worry about being 'late for school' is so much better on our family. I really hate to admit that my kids were often late (even if it was even one min over)for school 52 times in the entire year! Good Grief!! We were the attendance monitor's worst case ever! I think, in part, is was at times; me going to bed late after work, and Logan is not a morning person, so it was tough getting up so early in the morning. Most people have day jobs and can get to bed at a decent time, but we have it a bit different in our home. I love working at night and having the sunshine in the daytime to enjoy as I wish! But truth be told, I'm not outdoors much. Today, even though I have been feeling ill, just with a head cold or allergies or something, the kids and I after two hours of school, we went for a bike ride around the city to hunt down a book the kids are to read and unfortunately, we came home empty-handed, the library didn't even have it! I had to make a request to get it sent in. We came home with some new material of DVD's the kids can watch in their free time among them was the 'old school cartoon' "Aquaman" and after their schooling was done, they sat and enjoyed the toons!! I am pretty tickled to be around the kids all day, they are being quite obedient and focused that I have no complaints. At home they learn things more efficiently overall, there is less distractions, except for the kitty cat, but no bullies or clowns that make learning almost impossible! Well, I do have to admit my kids ARE clowns, but they are just your average kid who are fortunate to have goofy parents that aren't afraid to laugh at farts, silly jokes, and parody songs we make up for each other--(things banned in schools otherwise) and no laughing "aloud" (that is such a bad pun!!lol) Today Logan had a good laugh with the kids I could hear them all the way from the basement where I do laundry, from the second floor! All the laughing made me smile, and thought, 'what precious moments we are enjoying by homeschooling!!!' As I found out when I returned upstairs, it was a song about me, nothing disrespectful, just plain genius! I then burst out laughing myself! And then the gears gently switch to seriousness after it is apparent things are all good and school returns back in motion. The freedom to teach what my kids are going to learn is so liberating and fantastic outside the set subjects there are other lessons to teach. I'm very excited about it as they are older and as they grow older and understand more about life, how enriching these times feel!! I'm happier and therefore they are happy too!! Was just one of the days where you're glad to be alive and everything is aligned in such a way that I was fully content. It doesn't get better than this! Well, I do hope my sinus pressure and congestion in my head will disappear so I can stop feeling dizzy when I get up or turn my head n such.

No comments: