Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New in September

We have a connection at home, yay!!! We have also decided that we are Home Schooling the kids. Believe it when I say, they begged us all summer to be home schooled. After we spent the entire summer contemplating it and all, we have taken on the task once again. I have to say that Logan is a better teacher than I am, I try but I get too nit-picky about things, and Logan is more straightforward and has a better way than I do. We started yesterday and have changed the routine around here, school starts at 9am and we go till about 1, having lunch break and getting outside to the park across the street to run around, or in the yard, whichever, but Mertz likes to get his scooter out and make his rounds around the park on it. Can't do that at school.
Switching subjects; I have gotten in touch with my old childhood friend, Amy after many years of no contact. I have seen a lot of change in her and of course in many ways she's still the same goofball, but as a mother of 3, she has done a lot of growing up; haven't we all? We as a whole, have hit it off! The kids all get along, she has a son, 11 yrs old and two daughters 9 and 8. Logan and Amy also have hit it off which is very cool! We can all hang out together and have an equally nice time. Debbie, her mom, also adores Logan, one of the few of Amy's friends that she likes, so that is a bonus. Amy and kids live at home with her mom so its hard not to run into her mom if and when she's not working. Getting along with the 'mother hen' is indeed essential if we are hanging around. The other good news is that Amy has been wanting to find a church to attend for her and kids to be a part of, and she's made her choice, after attending many churches, she likes the church we go to (St. Andrews Episcopal Church) on the West side. Already she is planning for her kids to be baptized in the near future and has asked Logan and I to be the Godparents! Its special to know she would have us as her kid's godparents. I never would have imagined!

No comments: