Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Early last week just a couple days after my last post, our newest cat, Sammy somehow got outside! Ususally he greets me when I get home late at work and that night there was not a peep of him. I may have seen him out the window and he stopped when I called his name from our second floor apt. but when I went out to catch the young beast, he was gone in a flash! The kids woke up the next morning to hear the somber news. School was a wash, we spent most of the morning creating small posters of Sammy and walked several blocks around our neighborhood to post them. Still he is gone. On the flip-side we were offered some kittens and unsure if Sammy would resurface again into our lives we accepted two new kitties coming from a friend this time. Two little females all black...just in time for Halloween!! One looks like she'll have longer hair than the other so Alina named her "Poofy" and Mertz named the other one w/ shorter fur, "Moosashi Kitty". Today I found some poop not in the litter box...naughty kitty....! Very playful as are all kittens, one got tangled up today in my couch cover, Alina thought the cat was her 'other shoe' as we were leaving to get me off to work. Well guess what? The little kitten got herself into a pickle!!
Right now Poofy is laying on my back sleeping soundly all curled up...I just love it!
So I dusted off my video camera, that I thought was broken several months ago, as it wasn't focusing as I maneuvered the T-W button to zoom in and out. As I looked at it again, it isn't broken after all and works fine! Imagine that! I am now relieved and can take videos again of the kids and so on, and of our new apartment just hoping Mertz would clean up his room so I can do that!

^so since this post the kittens names have changed; Moosashi is now Jenna (not named after my cousin) Mertz just picked it from somewhere and Poofy is now Sakura which in Japanese means "apple blossom" I don't know which cat it is yet but neither of them are getting good on the kitty litter, one keeps pooping and peeing outside of the litter box I went from a hooded litter box and kept that one standing and now i've got a 3and a half tall box out of cardboard lined with a kitty litter liner and still it isn't curing the issue since I thought it was the height of the hooded box that was the issue but appearently not.....urgh....I want my trained cat back.....Sammy.....

No comments: