Saturday, October 3, 2009

I have been purging so many items of my past that I'm feeling a bit lighter. I had a lot of magazines, some useless awards, an old trophy I found that I recieved as a youngster when I did some great piano stuff. The kids were so amazed that even their mom got a trophy for doing something. They just couldn't believe it! I got rid of so much old stuff that means nothing to me now, and renewed my acquaintance with a few other items. The crap that I carried over the years~~If there was an award I'd be getting one that said 'Best Crap Collector' Usually, I keep tidy but I had to go thru it as my life is changing and doesn't need things from last century that beats me down...I found some cool quotes that I used to keep on...I also found a fortune teller card I once got and it really spoke to me and reading it again for the first time in 20 years really called out again to me!!

2 comments:

Leo said...

It was such a rush of old memories that you found my wrestling trophy. Mertz was amazed that I did something other than guitar. Also that journal of mine you found when I was 14!! Holy Mackerel! What a rush of old memories that was. It's hard to believe so much time has past since then. But that's why we keep it. we remember things we might not otherwise. Of all the things we collect over the years, memories are the greatest amost our collection.

Much Love,
Logan

Leah said...

Some memories are laughable like your journal. I found some pretty serious stuff that made me wanna cry, and then there were some things that was redundant that needed a good toss to the trash! Incredible records of times and places. I just don't want to be hoarding so much crap...much of it needs a place to go in a memory book or special box, one that's decorated special! That's all for now.
Lee Lee