Friday, October 23, 2009

Yesterday was quite interesting with the kids. A day or so before this, Mertz came to me and matter-of-factual came up to me and said, 'You and Pa ARE Santa cause there's no way Reindeer have a special formula to fly (something we used to tell them) and a big guy can't go around the whole earth in one night.' OKAY, the childhood belief is off! I got Logan in the room and I told Mertz to repeat to him what he said to me; knowing that Alina and Mertz are close and talk about things together, I got everyone in the same room and confirmed what they already knew, (and had known for a while)The kicker was the handwriting on the tags, though I tried my hardest to mask my handwriting all these years! It also was a relief for Logan and I in a way. But we got to talk of all the years of hiding and secrets and all the things Logan and I did for them to surprise them. It was nice to talk about it and get their feelings about it. Neither was upset, it was just confirming what they already knew....smart kids!! Christmas will be different and real! Logan and I said to them, still, 'we believe' and hope that they will still want 'Santa' to sign his name and not share the secret to other little kids, that, I know I can depend on!

No comments: