Wednesday, July 11, 2007

In one month and a few days...

So Logan and I recieved an invitation from a guy in London, England!! It was a combination of my "kind face" as he put it and Logan's playing ability on the classical guitar. Matt is the president of the Classical Guitar Society in London and found us on MySpace.com! He found Logan and asked to be his friend and saw me on Logan's page and asked to be my friend too. At some point I mentioned about Logan being my husband and he said that he didn't even know I was in any way related to Logan and was taken by as I said before, my "kind face". We all have kind faces don't we?? That was around ten months ago that we were invited and everything is falling into place, the dates were perfect, (Matt doesn't know it yet but the trip lands on our 10th wedding anniversary!!) purchased the plane tickets for Logan and I, got passports (mine is still in the process) but Logan got his yesterday, now I'm just making the last arragements for the kids and soon we'll be off onto a land I've never stepped foot on! I'm so excited most definately, staying at their place hanging out with the locals cool, I think. My one fear since hearing him on the phone, I hope I can understand his strong accent and lingo, I'm such a nimrod when it comes to british slang, maybe I need to go study it some. I know about a fag being a cigarette, a story told by my english teacher in high school Mrs Vanderbeken she learned the hard way!LOL. That's just one that stuck in my mind all these years.
Without the kids even for 10 days can Logan and I survive?? OH you bet I can! And time away from work that's even better, I've been so burnt out lately. The longest I've had a vacation for in my 3yrs of nursing was for 4days which is nothing. This will be Logan's first time in the air! I'm still pinching myself not believing its really going to happen. Logan and I have not had a vacation together like this since our honeymoon. In fact this is also work for Logan not just a getaway cause he's got two gigs lined up in London-so much time will be dedicated to practice for him and Matt and I'll probably go out with his wife or something like that at those times. A dream come true!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

That's really neat. Good luck with that. And, you should really read Harry Potter if you want to see some English slang. There isn't a TON but, you know. The J.K. Rawlins (the author) is from that area.

Also, the books are amazing, way better than the movies by FAR! I was turned off from the books after watching the first movie. However, I was wrong. The first book is alright, the second gets better and 3-6 are so intense! I'm dying for the 7th and last to come out.