Thursday, July 5, 2007

What a week

Beginning on Saturday the kids and I went to Scott and Angel's house for a visit and a much appreciated swim! Scott, Angel and I had a very nice visit and of course the kids were having quite a grand time visiting with each other. Mertz, Alina and Hunter were wearing goggles that just about covered their whole face-they all were little divers. One set of goggles had a breathing tube so you could go a bit under and still breathe. Mertz tried that out but I'm not sure if he mastered the whole technique of staying close to the surface, I think he sucked in a bit of water more than his liking; even at my age I was having a bad time with it! The slide was recently washed and put up so the kids enjoyed going down the slide with a splash into the pool. I distinctly recall Alina telling me on the way to their house how she was determined she was going to go down the slide (without being afraid) and she did many times! All the kids enjoyed the slide, the diving board and a new feat for Mertz was touching the bottom with his hand at the deep end and coming back up(that's the best part)! As a mother I do worry about the dangers that water brings, what else DON'T I worry about?! So Scott tells me that my grandmother's house is still on the market and was offered to buy it. I thought it wasn't supposed to be purchased by family?? I wish I could live there, anything is better than where we are now and we really want to live in a house. Unfortunately, Scott said that our aunt who lives out back purchased much of the land out back so here lies the pathetic result no backyard!! A house needs some kind of yard with kids.
We returned home later on and the next day I woke up with a horrible cold! Sunday has come and gone Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday I've been feeling so foggy and sinus pressure has been unbearable. I don't have a fever and so I decided to get some non-drowsy dayquil to relieve my aches in my head. I've been going to work feeling this way (I hate to call out 11-7 is a hard shift to replace if someone calls out) and I notice everyone is got something, coughing, sniffling, and such I think I may have gotten sick from them at some point but you never can tell. Yesterday being the 4th it was a day of rest for me while everyone went partying at Logan's brother's house. The weather wasn't very accommodating but the kids still went swimming in their pool, and the fireworks in our city were canceled!! Sometimes I believe it is good to let Logan go to his family outing alone with the kids and me the other way, sometimes it is what it is, our families are so different and thats okay. My own dad rarely came when mom went to visit her parents and she would take us kids alone and that fun anyways. So I don't condemn the practice.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

welcome to the blog! (and btw- I rarely ever go on myspace anymore- maybe once every other month. I just haven't deleted my account. so, if you ever post something there- I may not get it for a really long time).

Sounds like you had fun! Oh- and another tip- if you have a gmail e-mail account, you have more space for photos on here. If you'd like one- I can sent you and invite to it. It's a lot nicer than most e-mail providers- it weeds out most unwanted mail. I've had it for 2-3 years now. So, if you're interested, let me know.