Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Am Amazed

Hi all! I must share my experience that I had the past several days. I was online and I was looking up our last name, dad's last name and some of you, my brother's last name. I came to Geneology.com where people were informing about this last name and one reply was of a man who had a familiar last name on my database for that side of the family's geneology and he knew our line, one that I had information on too. Well I decided even though his response was back in 2002 I'd e-mail him-give it a shot-unsure if he'd respond at all or an answer to a question I had for him. In 24 hours he responded and told me he had gotten some information from the LDS genealogy library. I was thinking, well that's nice he's taken advantage of our church's genealogy services and in my next response I told him he could just guide me into the direction and I could be on my way cause I am LDS. IN THE same email I told him that I had a picture of a headstone with someone with the same last name as his. I didn't know what to expect but I eagerly awaited his e-mail on the topic. His response was, 1. he was LDS too and 2. the name of the headstone was his grandfather!!! I didn't expect those two responses jaw0: dropping! I did a little research and found out that he's related as our 3rdCousin once removed!! That really is a fancy way of saying 4th cousins, dad and this man are 3rd cousins. So good news we have members of the church on dad's side! Small world!!!! He is living in Colorado and has 7 kids( homemade), and two adopted kids. He graduated from West High School in 1966 and grew up in Bedford. WOW I thought! That wasn't all! He lived just houses away from my best friend Amy Nelson! He said his mother lived in the house until her death 25yrs ago. I was blown away from the connections and how close to home it hit! He's a convert to the church and he said I"m his first extended family member he's met that is LDS, also, even his wife is a convert and is looking forward to receiving the couple stories we have on the mormon Pioneers that you and I are related to! We talked briefly on the phone last night and he's sending me some genealogy information with all the temple work the church already did on Dad's side. He even told me that he and his wife were going to do our great-great-great grandfather the end of this year but then I e-mailed him about Camille and Mary. So he's stopped his plans on that so we could do this line. He is Camille's sister's descendant. I really would like to share some of the temple work if any of you are interested once I get the info templeready! One of his callings is working in the genealogy library in Colorado!

I'm still amazed that I've met someone related to us and mormon I just can't believe it! Families are forever and I can see that now more ways than one with all the blessings that have come and will come with meeting Tom just by mere chance--or was it not, was the spirit guiding me to him, my testimony has increased, something is happening on the other side, I know that for sure. I've been sitting on this genealogy now for 7 or 8 years and now the fire is burning. I have my temple recommend and rearing to do the work, our family on the other side are ready for their work to be done!
*I didn't put last names on here for privacy reasons*

1 comment:

Leah said...

Oh and I forgot to mention that our common ancestor has been traced back thru royalty all the way to Adam and Eve, he sent me the Gedcom file on that and what a sight it is!!!