Sunday, August 19, 2007

From England

Hi all who read my stuff here. Logan and I have arrived in England just two days ago. I was able to share with Logan his first flight ever off the ground and our first flight together ever!! It was confusing when we got into Dublin airport there was little by way of direct directions as to where to go to thru security but it was finally found in the many lines of people snaking around in various areas. Then in just a few hours we were off and in England. So far we ate at a very nice Indian Restaurant where Logan had his lamb vindeleau, I had an awkward moment when I asked for 'what dressing they had' for my salad order and they looked at me funny and offered me tomato sauce!!! Umm no. Then he offered me after going out to the kitchen and came back offereing me ceasar dressing which is NOT my first choice. But it turned out it had gone bad and I had a dry salad but what an amazing salad it was! My dinner was some chicken dish with some spices and we had my favorite jasmine rice. Very good food, I wasn't afraid. Today we went to church in Orpington a town 10 min. south from where we are staying. The church was a bit small, the ward was about average size but I was told many people are on vacation so not everyone was there. But I noticed that there were considerably not a whole lot of children. Between the ages of 2-18 I could only point out less than a dozen. The men were mostly acting as the decons and two boys involved in the whole sacrament part. Without a gym, the building was very small to what we are accustomed to back in NH. A woman next to me sat together thru all our meetings offered for Logan and I if we ever want to visit Australia we can stay with her and her husband. What an offer! She handed me her address and phone number for there and a phone here in England. She said they were in the process of moving down under. This networking is fabulous, maybe she wants Logan to serenade her to sleep or whatever! Then we scooted off to London for lunch and sought after many music/guitar shops all down a long street. Walked much and saw just a small section of London. The buildings are much like what you see in Mary Poppins, Harry Potter, to name a few it is just so amazing the archetecture. So far we've also had a unique opportunity to visit a real pub, and not exactly what I expected. I imagine a pub being unclean and grubby. But it was clean and attractive.
It was actually a good time but being mormon I don't know how well that goes over. Logan drinking a Lemonade I with my ginger ale. There's an irish man that gives a 20 question test every Sunday night so we got to gather around all the guys and gals and he'd ask the questions and we'd just yell out an answer questions about all sorts of subjects almost like his own trivia pursuit game. Everyone got into it. Real good fun anyways. We are enjoying ourselves and finding that we have a long lost brother here, Matt, who has many of the same things in common with Logan. Its beginning to be a bit of a long running joke. So anyways were having a real blast!!

No comments: