Friday, August 10, 2007

Random writings

So the cast on Mertz's arm is off! The weekend is approaching and I get more and more anxious about our trip. We will be going first by bus, then plane, and then by tube hopefully remembering all our belongings along the way and then we meet our pal, Matt. He himself just went on a gig trip to France and had a boring time with the french. They served him tomato slices and hard boiled eggs for meals! That sounds pretty gross! He also said that the people sat in silence for 6hours at a time! What a horrible time that must have been for him. He said he and his wife had to sneak out while shopping and get a pizza so they wouldn't die of starvation!!! So he chatted with us thinking also of his bad experience he hopes ours isn't like that; on the phone in retrospect he said we are welcome to eat anything (which I am sure he planned on anyways) and come and go as we please and he again sounds like a fun guy to be around. We certainly have a lot of things to share so I don't think we will ever be in silence for any period of time. His parents are also welcoming us to their house in the country for a few days. So some fun will be had in the big city and in the countryside. Logan wants to play some golf if possible with the dad but we shall see... both of them have bad backs if there isn't any carts.
Mertz went golfing with Logan last night at Ponemah Green, a real 18 hole golf course for the big shots. Logan said Mertz did some good shots and did well for a 7yr old some good old Father and son time. Mertz had been wanting to go since Logan picked up the sport a few months ago in May. He's been making some close bonds with some men at church who also enjoy golfing. I have no time for much. My days consist of running errands, housework, cooking making meals(whenever Logan can't fill in okay so 90% of the time) and sleep and taking the kids out for play as much as possible. I have been doing some embroidery work on a scarf you put on a bureau. That seems to be my hobby right now. I've been at it for a month and still have some more to do on it but more than halfway done. I've been wanting to get started on some paintings with oil being the medium, I have some canvases, a wooden easel Logan managed to get for free and was going to be thrown out at AC Moore where my nephew works as a stock boy, the thing is beautiful! What would be more beautiful is if I could do it without worry that the kids wouldn't get into the oils and make a mess of it in our apartment---a huge deal if that happened! I also have plans to make myself a dress to wear at the temple. I have a nightgown pattern fit for the role as a temple dress. That will be after our trip to England and will be happy to wear my own dress again. Well much of this post ran a bit random, my random thoughts I felt to share.

No comments: